I was single for most of college so I resonate with all you single girls and guys out there that hate Valentine’s Day. I mean, we get it. Everyone else is happy and in love, and you’re just trying to focus on you. Which, honestly is more laudable then having a girlfriend or boyfriend. But, there is always the 50% off post-Valentine’s Day candy. So it’s not all a bust. Plus, I mean when we really think about it, even if you have a significant other who is likely to give you a gift, you’re going to have to go through the trouble of getting the other person a gift too. Very annoying. So you might as well celebrate the fact you don’t have to get someone else a gift and just buy yourself something fun. #TREATYOSELF. Or, for all you last minuters out there- I stand with you as I have yet to get my boyfriend anything- you can snag these so you don’t get dumped. All my recommendations are linked-but heads up, I’m sure you all don’t want Mets gear, but I would ruin Valentine’s Day if I didn’t include a link for Chad.
- Khiels– This hand creme is so luxe and smells so good, you will forget all about your valentines day woes. Yes, it’s a little pricey but the travel size bottle is 15$ the perfect #BallerOnaBudget splurge.
- Sportswear from your favorite team– So I have to give credit where credit is due, I thought of an amazing treat yourself gift for guys, team gear! Apparently, per an article on fatwallet.com, the best time to buy baseball jerseys is in January and February. And for football, after the Super Bowl. I know Valentine’s Day is hard for you too guys, so you deserve this. I thought of this one all on my own people.*
- Aveda Shampoo and Conditioner– I’ll admit, normally I’m a ‘whats on sale?’ kind of gal when it comes to shampoo/conditioner purchases. But when I want a little extra hair TLC, I always turn to Aveda products. Mostly because they smell amazing but also because my Aunt Julie uses Aveda products, and let me tell you, she knows her beauty products. If I could insert a zoomed in shot of her skin I would cause it’s #flawless. Anyway, feeling blue, get some Aveda. Plus, they sell their products at CVS so there is literally no excuse boys, you still have time.
- Stackable Rings– Normally, I’m not a huge ring person. The fact they are so tiny just never seems to get me that excited. But I will say, the stacked trend and the layered looks (putting rings on the bottom part and upper parts of your fingers) has made me rethink. I recently got a stacked set of little rings with 5 or so different types that I have come to love. These will make you feel special, even if seeing everyone’s conventional Valentine’s Day couple insta pic is not.
- Ugg Moccasins– For all my guy readers out there who need a little pick-me-up, these are the perfect item to splurge on. Not only are they cool looking (I’ll admit I have worn mine out on the town) they are actually the comfiest things on the planet. Hey guys- comfy is sexy. Those Brookstone fluffy throws are a close second. My entire family has these so you know they are officially #HuelskampApproved.
*There was a random, 6’6” man-child saying something to me at the exact time I thought of the Mets jersey.